Thursday, July 17, 2008

Tony Braun Retires

Tony you will be missed.


He Writes:




Well it is finally here. A bitter sweet moment. A day that pales in excitement to the day I was hired some 30 years ago. I didn't have to work as hard to get here as I did to land the job of my dreams. I have been truly blessed beyond my wildest dreams. It has truly been my pleasure to have been a Firefighter and I am extremely grateful to my Savior and Creator to have kept me well enough to see this day. My only regret is that I don't have the energy to spend another 30 years serving in this capacity. I will however be involved with the Explorers and the Honor Guard, if they will have me or we don't change our coats to those worn by the few the proud the......... otherwise I will have to exchange my keg for a six-pack if you know what I mean.









I hope I have left you all a few colorful stories to share at the kitchen table regarding my illustrious career. I leave with the realization that my successes were only due to those who trained and led me into accomplishing my desires and I can only hope that through it all, I have done the same. It is, after all, all of you that makes this Fire Department one of the best there is and to think I got paid to do this. Well I was hoping this would be short because I know how annoying long memos (and SOPs) are, boring. So to all of you I bid you farewell in this chapter of my live and look forward to keeping in touch one way or another in the next chapter.






Continue on my brothers and sisters and remember what I have always said, This organization will not tolerate failure.






Sincerely,






Captain Evil (ETB), aka Captain Caffeine and of course Rosebud.






Love you all.









Tony giving a rookie some last minute advice.

200807170847.jpg


Tony with Dr. Evil


Slides-102.jpg


Then came the roasting from Chief Pentz.Slides-103.jpg Slides-104.jpg Slides-105.jpg Slides-107.jpg


Now that your retired what do you plan to do Tony?Slides-108.jpg


Ahhhh. Start up his new Harley Fire Fighting company.


Slides-110.jpg Slides-111.jpg


A last minute shot with the crew at 5's.


Slides-112.jpg


We will miss you Tony.


Slides-113.jpg




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with retirement Capt. Braun. Thank you for all you have done and taught me over the years that I rode along with you, and worked in the Explorer post.